Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Join Us...

So, I'm blogging. I'm a blogger. I have begun to blog. (Whatever that means.) I have officially joined the world of the blog. Not to say that there's anyone out there who's been holding their breath, just waiting for Shannon to finally spill information on all of her internal workings for everyone to see.


I guess the best place to start would be with an introduction. I'm 30 years old (as of two days ago). I choose to believe, though, that I'm 26... again. I've been married for nine years and I have produced three kids. To sum up my life I will sum up a recent job interviewer's objective thoughts on my past and future; I don't know where I'm going or what I want in my future, and my past has not been stable. Meaning, I haven't held a job for longer than nine months and I'm not yet sure what I want to be when I grow up.


So, with that being how the few interviews have gone since I began looking for a job... oh... 5 MONTHS AGO!! I am now a confirmed stay at home mom. I am happy to say that beginning the 24th of August I will have a regular voyage to the big people world every Tuesday evening for class. I'm enrolled in college full-time. Although I've chosen to take the summer off. I'll leave my wavering and confusing ideas on a major for another day.


I often have an internal monologue going, much like that goofy guy with the big hair on Scrubs. I repeat things in my mind all day, dreams that I had which made an impact on my entire day, breakdowns that stick with me for days, or the smiley face that my bodywash made on my loofa in the shower this morning bringing to mind a memory. I've thought about writing in a journal, but my handwriting is... odd, and I just don't have the attention span to actually write something with typing being so much quicker.


My handwriting. If I scribble more than just a note on a post-it, it looks like it came from a dozen different people. I read things that I have written and wonder if I may have multiple personality disorder. My handwriting morphs from being strong and square to the handwriting of a 14 year old writing notes that go; Do you like me? Circle yes or no. I get chicken scratchy and then the caps button is pushed and everything is in uppercase. I've given up. I type all of my letters and cards get a heart and an S.


Now, I know how exciting this must all be. I know that if you're reading this you must be thinking, "Wow, is this chick totally cool or what." And I don't want to bombard you with all of my awesomeness at once... plus my youngest just woke up from a nap and has informed me that she peed... IN MY BED. So I'm fixing her a bath and waiting for the laundry that's currently in the wash to finish so that I can put my sheets in.









And, yes, that is naked Barbie bootie. Grace cannot take a bath without naked Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment